Passports & travel documents
Lost your passport, important travel documents or cash ? Here’s how Travel by Us covers you.
Losing your passport or important travel documents can turn your dream holiday into an admin nightmare. Ditto for having your credit cards, cash or travellers cheques stolen. In short, if you’re stuck without a passport or money, it’s safe to say you need an urgent lifeline.
While these things can – and do – happen, breathe easy knowing that we offer a stack of benefits that take care of missing passports, travel documents, credit cards and cash.
Travel documents lost stolen or damaged
Passports and visas taken off without you? If your passport or important travel documents such as a visa, is stolen or fraudulently used by someone other than you, your relative or travelling companion while on your trip, we will pay you your costs you have to pay to replace them or resulting from their fraudulent use, up to the applicable limit.
To be eligible, the stolen passport or document must have been carried with you.
A maximum payout of $2,500 is available on Basic while on Comprehensive it’s $6,000.
KEEP IN MIND
- The travel documents benefit is not available on Basic and Domestic cover levels.
- Losing your passport on holiday is the last thing you want. Your Travel by Us insurance policy will cover you in most instances, but to be super prepared, you need to know about certain conditions and exclusions.
- If you have not reported the theft of your passport or other important travel documents within 24 hours to the police, you won’t be covered.
- Very specific and strict conditions apply. Not all rules and exclusions have been listed here. Please see the Combined Product Disclosure Statement and Policy Wording for full details.
Make a claim
To make a claim for a stolen passport and travel documents, please provide as much information as possible about what happened.
You’ll need to upload the following documents with your claim:
- Police report
- Report from the hotel, restaurant, venue or transport provider where the incident took place
- Receipts for any costs that you’re claiming for
- Bank statements showing what you paid in AUD, if you paid for costs in a foreign currency with a credit card.
Compare our travel documents benefit across 4 levels of cover
It’s easy to choose the right level of cover when you compare how each one takes care of specific benefits. Travel by Us offers 4 travel insurance plans to suit every Australian. Compare our travel insurance levels to find the right cover for you.
At your fingertips
Emergency claim? Call +61 2 8074 5522
Want to check the facts? See the PDS
Passport insurance question? See our FAQs