Travel by Us offers a hijack benefit thats available in the event that you, your children or grandchildren are hijacked while travelling by air.
It’s a travellers worst nightmare and an almost unimaginable situation. Yet a hijacking remains a possibility for tourists who are seen as easy targets.
Keep in mind
- The Hijack benefit is not available on Saver cover levels
- The most we will pay is for 10 days.
- Very specific and strict conditions apply. Not all rules and exclusions have been listed here. Please see the Combined Product Disclosure Statement and Policy Wording for full details.
To submit your Hijack claim, please provide as much information as possible about what happened. You’ll need to upload the following documents with your claim:
- Reports from the airline
- Police reports Any related medical reports (if applicable).
- Receipts for any costs that you’re claiming for.
- Bank statements showing what you paid in AUD, if you paid for costs in a foreign currency with a credit card.
Compare our Hijack benefits across 3 levels of cover
It’s easy to choose the right level of cover when you compare how each one takes care of specific benefits. Travel By Us offers a travel insurance plans to suit every Australian. Compare our travel insurance levels to find the right cover for you.
At your fingertips
Emergency claim? Call +61 2 8074 5522
Want to check the facts? See the PDS
Hijack cover questions? See our FAQs